Stop Receding Gums . Recedig gums is a common problem in adults over forty, but may occur in people of all ages. It causes exposure of the roots of the teeth, & loss of gum tissue. Many people undergo extreme receding gum treatments, such as surgery, to remedy the problem. However, there is an Indian folk (Ayurveda) remedy, known as oil pulling, that has helped many people avoid gum surgery, & improved receding gums - even helped them regrow lost tissue.
7 Steps to Stop Receding Gums Fast without Dentist
1. Correct your Brushing technique: Aggressive Horizontal motion of Tooth Brushing is not the proper technique as it injures the Gums and also causes erosion of the Enamel layer leading to Sensitivity. Bass Technique or Sulcular Brushing technique is the ideal brushing technique to stop receding Gums. Link to Bass method of Tooth Brushing
2. Change your Brush type: If you are using a Hard Bristled brush either knowingly or unknowingly, if you start getting Gum recession you have to stop using it and change to either to Medium or Soft Bristled Tooth Brushes. Hard bristles along with faulty brushing technique is a major cause for Gum Recession.
3. Regular Dental Check ups done: Getting regular dental Check up done to see presence of Sub Gingival Calculus which is a major cause of Gum Recession is a must for every person. Presence of Plaque and calculus under your gums can only be seen by a dentist. Getting Dental Check up every 6 months is a must to maintain good Oral Hygiene.
4. Correction of Mal Occlusion or Crowded teeth: As we mentioned earlier Malocclusion is a cause of Receding gums because of occlusal forces which can be seen in relation to a single tooth as well.
5. Use of Mouth Guard: Mouth guard is used to protect teeth from grinding against each other which is used by people who usffer from Night Grinding and also in Sports such as Boxing, Rugby etc where clenching of teeth can lead to tooth fracture and Erosion. Mouth Guard can be obtained at the dentist.
6. Removal of Piercings: In cases where the Gingival recession is due to the presence of Piercings, the dentist might advice you to remove or change your piercings which do not interfere with your occlusion.
7. Drink lots of plain water for healing and for cleaning. Find a water bottle that you love. Keep it full and always at your side. Sip or guzzle plain water from it frequently. Find a life's work that allows frequent bathroom breaks, and make those breaks purposeful total cessations of your non-stop action. Find water that you love and trust, and use it. Teach yourself to accept and enjoy (at least temporarily) any relatively clean, safe water (even fluoridated, hard, warm, "yucky tasting" tap water) that is widely available where you live and work. Make frequent quenching of your deep, longing, natural, primal, unacknowledged thirst an important part of your happier, simpler, slower, healthier life.